Frequently Asked Questions
Get Thin With Dr. Quinn!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What makes your program different than the rest?
- The Dr. Quinn Weight Loss program was designed by Dr. Quinn — a board certified physician specializing in the medical treatment of overweight and obesity. This program is monitored by Dr. Quinn and is meant for people looking to lose weight once and for all.
- Do I need an appointment?
- If you want to see Dr. Quinn or one of his physician assistants, you will need to make an appointment. In order to be on the FDA approved appetite suppressants, it is a requirement to meet with Dr. Quinn or one of his associates.
- Why should I choose Dr. Quinn Weight Loss?
- The Dr. Quinn Weight Loss program was developed by a board certified obesity medicine physician and is monitored by a physician, Dr. Quinn. We promote a lifestyle change for long-term success instead of a quick fix. We can help you lose as little as 5 pounds to well over 200 pounds.
- Are there any side effects?
- There are no major side effects from any of our medications and there has never been any negative long-term side effects associated with the prescription appetite suppressants we prescribe.
- Do you accept insurance?
- No, we are unable to accept insurance. However, many people have been successful using their HSA or FSA accounts. We are able to provide a detailed letter outlining our program and your specific needs that you may submit to your insurance provider.
- Do you have a guarantee?
- A: No. We do not promote a quick fix weight loss and we do not agree to false advertising with promotions such as lose 20 pounds per week or 40 pounds in 40 days, etc. No matter what program we put you on, we are not able to monitor all of your food intake. If you eat at McDonalds daily, you will not lose weight. If you follow our program as directed, you will lose weight.
- Do you offer HCG?
- NO. It is the position of the Obesity Medicine Association that the use of HCG for weight loss is not recommended. In addition, the FDA and FTC recently deemed the use of HCG for weight loss to be fraudulent and illegal.
- Is your program safe?
- Yes, not only is our program safe, but it is effective.
- Do I have to eat/purchase special foods?
- No. You do not have to purchase our protein shakes, bars, etc. Our program promotes healthy eating with a lifestyle change. You can continue to eat dinner with your family and go out to restaurants just like everyone else.
- How much weight will I lose?
- Everyone is different on how much weight they will lose in a given time. Our first month average is between 10 and 15 pounds, then 1-3 pounds/week for normal healthy weight loss.
- What kinds of medications do you offer?”
- We have multiple high-grade pharmaceutical supplements to aid in weight loss as well as multiple FDA approved prescription appetite suppressants including phentermine (Adipex), phendimetrazine (Bontril), and benzphetamine (Didrex).
- Who supervises your program?
- The Get Thin With Dr. Quinn program is supervised by Dr. Quinn and his medical professionals.
- What should I expect on my first visit?
- The consultation with Dr. Quinn or one of his medical professionals will take approximately 20-30 minutes to go over your health history, obtain your weight, BMI, comprehensive body fat analysis, and go over the program in-depth.
- What will my follow-up visits be like?
- If you are getting the LipoDenPlus injections, twice weekly follow-ups consist of taking your weight and giving you a shot. There are no appointments needed for the injections. The injections must be spaced at least 72 hours apart. We recommend getting the LipoDen Plus injections twice a week for maximum benefit.
- Will I be hungry on this program?
- No! We have multiple options for controlling hunger.
- Will I gain my weight back after finishing the program?
- The goal of our program is not only short-term weight loss, but also long-term weight maintenance. We teach you how to modify your lifestyle so that when you lose the weight, you will be able to maintain it.
- How long do I have to be on the program?
- The length of time people participate on our program varies widely. You may only need a month, or you may need a year depending on your individual situation. There is no charge to stop in to be weighed- we even encourage it!
- Am I able to go to either clinic for my weekly visits?
- Yes, we use a highly sophisticated software system that is interconnected, allowing us to access your account at any of our four locations.
- How often do I get the injection?
- Most people will come to the office once or twice a week for an injection and to be weighed. You will get the most benefit by receiving the injections twice weekly.
- Is the program safe for children?
- We do have kid safe Get Thin Packets that can be used for children as young as age 7. The appetite suppressants are FDA approved for ages 16 and above.
- I have high blood pressure and diabetes, will I be able to be on your program?
- Yes! Our goal is to get you to lose weight so that you no longer need to be on multiple medications.
- What kind of payment do you accept?
- We accept cash and all major credit cards. We are not able to accept checks and we do not participate with insurance companies. We do, however, accept HSA (Health Savings Account) and FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts).
- Do you offer financing?
- We do offer Care Credit for patients who sign up for programs of 3 month or longer. If you are thinking about this option, we recommend you to apply and be approved prior to your scheduled initial appointment.
- Do you offer incentives for referrals?
- Yes, we will credit your account $20 for every patient you refer.
Your journey to safe, long-lasting weight loss & maintenance starts here.
Use the Dr. Quinn Lifestyle Analysis Tool to learn about the different weight loss strategies that might work best for your unique needs.